SLIDER

My Year in Movies & TV {2019}


It's hard to believe that another year – and decade! – is about to come to a close. Before it does, I want to take a moment to look back at the past twelve months. Since 2015, I've done a series of posts that I call "My Year in ______" to share my favorites from each year. It's one reason I love blogging in December so much. There were so many things I loved about 2019, but today it's all about the movies & TV! • Moves & TV in 2016, 2017, and 2018


This was an odd year because I watched a decent number of movies but almost none of them wowed me. There were so many meh ones! I had four that stood out overall, but only one of those is truly a new favorite. 

Mary, Queen of Scots – I didn't love this one quite as much as I expected, but I have found myself wanting to watch it again recently. It was perfectly cast, in my opinion, and it was so fun to discuss with Kelly afterward. 

Always Be My Maybe – This was such a delight! Wong's comedy is a little too crass for me, but this was such a fun take on the friends-to-lovers trope. A hilarious script, diverse story, and great cast made this fun to watch. 

Frozen II – I'm not sure if I liked this one more than the first, but it was definitely a very enjoyable sequel. It felt a little long and slow to me in parts, but sometimes Disney movies grow on me the more I see them.

Little Women ♥ – My favorite movie of the year AND know it will be a lifelong favorite with future rewatches! I loved every second – cried, laughed, and left with a new appreciation for Amy March. Best way to end the year!


I feel like I had more success with television shows than movies this year, though a lot of that is because I was watching old favorites. However, there were four new-to-me things that I watched and loved: 

Killing Eve – I've only seen the first season, so it's probably cheating to list it. But I just noticed that the second season is finally on Hulu, so that's about to happen. I can't stop raving about Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh.

Peaky Blinders ♥ – Why didn't I watch this show before this year? It's amazing! This is definitely my favorite find of 2019. Nick and I both loved this one, and our TV taste doesn't always overlap. I'm impatiently waiting for more!

Salt Fat Acid Heat – I randomly turned on this four episode food mini-series one day and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I don't love to cook, but I love reading and learning about culinary things. 

The Great British Baking Show – Well, I finally understand the Internet's obsession with this show. I haven't watched every season yet, but it's been such a cozy and comforting show to watch this December. 

CONTINUED TO LOVE • Grey's Anatomy, Jane the Virgin, Queer Eye, and This is Us

NEED TO CATCH UP • Outlander, Poldark, and Younger


What was your favorite movie of 2019?
Did you binge any new (or old!) TV shows? 

1 comment

  1. The Great British Baking Show is just a comforting thing to watch! It's always really fun to see what the bakers are able to accomplish for each challenge they're set.

    ReplyDelete

© So Obsessed With • Theme by Maira G.