SLIDER

March 2020 Goals

After making a lot of progress on my goals in January, I was a little nervous that I'd lose my momentum once my baby was born. But I kept reminding myself to embrace this time of slow and small – of sticking close to home, giving our family time to adjust, and continuing to make little-by-little progress on the things that matter to me. Since he was due early in the month, I kept that in mind when setting my February goals and tried to be realistic about what I could accomplish. I'm pleased to say that I completed most of them. While it's been an adjustment, this sweet boy has already changed our family for the better. We're so happy he's here!



On My Calendar:
– A lot of traveling for Nick (UGH!)
– My six-week postpartum doctor's appointment
– Several family birthdays at the end of the month

Currently Obsessing Over:
– My baby loves being held, so I've been wearing him a lot in the Solly baby wrap. It's been a lifesaver!
– The gorgeous custom quilt my mom had made for my sweet boy.
– Audiobooks and my Kindle! I've loved both formats for years, but they're invaluable in this season of my life.
– The newborn photos we had taken, which turned out perfectly. I'll cherish them forever!
– There are so many exciting March book releases. I've pre-ordered some and have library holds on many more.

Yearly Goals:
(These should stay the same all year, so I'll just do month-to-month progress reports!)
– Read through the Bible in one year.
– Read a devotional every morning.
– Track my spending in the Goodbudget app.
– Blog 2x per week.

February progress: 
– I'm still on track! I missed a few days throughout the month but caught back up.
– Doing well here, too. Even though I missed occasionally, I was consistent overall.
– Tracking my spending has become a habit. Next month Nick and I will review our budget!
– Thanks to scheduling posts in advance, I exceeded this blogging goal in February.

Revisiting My February Goals:
– Complete two items from our 20 in 2020 list: gratitude jar and sending snail mail! (We completed two: sending Valentine's Day cards to great-grandmothers + going bowling. But we didn't do the gratitude jar yet.)
– Loosely plan meals for the entire month at the beginning of February. (Done! We didn't shop for or cook everything I'd planned, but it was nice to already have a queue of simple, easy meals to pick from.)
– Schedule a monthly planning session (at home). (Completed! I did my monthly review and pre-planning one Sunday afternoon at home, which you can see the photo I chose for this post. I'm loving this new habit!)
– Write the baby's birth story + first weeks in his Promptly Journal. (I've filled in both sections!)
– Complete Toddler Year 1 in my firstborn's journal. (Whoops... I didn't even open his journal in February.)
– Cull, download, rename, and backup January 2020 photos. (Completed the first week of February.)
– Schedule six blog posts before baby arrives. (Yes! I had ten posts scheduled at the beginning of the month.)
– Finish one re-read and one non-fiction book. (Done! I re-read two books + a memoir as my non-fiction pick.)
– Continue the Contentment Challenge, which is three months of no shopping. (I'm not crossing this out since I still have one more month to go, but I was successful in February and only shopped for one pre-planned exception.) 

My March Goals:
– Schedule a monthly planning session.
– Start to find a new daily rhythm.
– Find (or make) a nature scavenger hunt for my big boy to complete.
– Send baby announcements.
– Complete One Month in the baby's journal.
– Cull, download, rename, and backup February 2020 photos. 
– Cull the 7,000 photos currently stored on my phone.
– Make a Spring TBR, and post it on the blog!
– Write a discussion post for the blog.
– Finish the Contentment Challenge, which is three months of no shopping.

Do you have any goals for March?

4 comments

  1. Have you heard of the Flic app? It makes it super easy and quick to cull photos off your phone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just discovered it last year and LOVE it! I used it to cull a ton of photos before I traveled abroad in March, but I haven't done it since then. It's shocking how fast photos add up!

      Delete
  2. Have I missed a post about the Contentment Challenge? I like the idea of that ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I mentioned it in one of my early goals posts, but just with a link to person who hosts it :) I found it on a blog I follow and loved the idea. Here's that person's post about it: https://nancyray.com/blog/2019/12/14/contentment-challenge-2020. I didn't officially sign up or join via her website, but I have used her guidelines and timeline as my inspiration. And I am going to write a recap of it at the end of this month when I've finished the challenge!

      Delete

© So Obsessed With • Theme by Maira G.