SLIDER

So Quotable: Jennifer E. Smith

Source
"Even when she was old enough to read herself, they still tackled the classics together, moving from Anna Karenina to Pride and Prejudice to The Grapes of Wrath as if traveling across the globe itself, leaving holes in the bookshelves like missing teeth. And later, when it started to become clear that she cared more about soccer practice and phone privileges than Jane Austen or Walt Whitman, when the hour turned into a half hour and every night turned into every other, it no longer mattered. The stories had become a part of her by then; they stuck to her bones like a good meal, bloomed inside of her like a garden. They were as deep and meaningful as any other trait Dad had passed along to her: her blue eyes, her straw-colored hair, the sprinkling of freckles across her nose."
            - Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

4 comments

  1. What a cute quote! I am sad that my library doesn't have a copy of this book yet -- I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still mad I can't loan you this Kindle book! I hope your library gets it soon - it is really cute!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love it. We are so trying to raise a reader so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you're trying to raise a reader! I'm not in the kids stage yet, but I really hope to instill a love of reading in my future kiddies. I'd be so sad if they hated books!

      Delete

© So Obsessed With • Theme by Maira G.