SLIDER

Wednesday Wish: Ideal Bookshelf

Have you heard of Ideal Bookshelf? If you haven't, I'm about to introduce you. It's the creation of artist Jane Mount. She paints people's ideal bookshelves - their favorite books, the books that changed their lives and books that defined them.

She writes on her website, "I think of this project as an intimate form of portraiture; a way to illustrate who the subject is on the inside instead of out. I love that a book is something created very personally and then mass-produced in order to affect many other people very personally. I paint them to turn them back into something very personal and intimate."

I have been in love with these prints since I first stumbled upon her shop. The only problem for me? It's not cheap to have a custom bookshelf painted. However, Jane sells 8x10 prints of bookshelves that she painted for someone else for only $26. Music to my ears.

She doesn't have every single print available (although you can email her to ask about a print seen on her website but not in her shop). While I've always wanted one, I've never been able to find a bookshelf that I've really connected with. I'll love one or two of the books on someone else's custom bookshelf but never read (or never heard of) another.
While browsing her site to gather a few images for this blog post, I had to catch my breath. My heart started racing. A huge smile broke out on my face. Do you see where this is headed?

Two prints, TWO, were calling to me. I had to have them! The handsome one noticed my grin and asked what was up. He's known about my love for Ideal Bookshelf for a while so he knew this was a huge deal. Well, guess what that sweet boy did? Ordered me both prints for Valentine's Day. I'm still swooning.

See the two bookshelves featured in this post? Well, they're currently headed my way. The first print (no. 410) features Jane Austen's six novels: Northanger Abbey, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park and Emma. The second print (no. 104) includes Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (only fitting that it appears in both since I collect copies of it), J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables, C.S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, E.B. White's Charlotte's Web, Lousia May Alcott's Little Women and Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.

I'll show them off as soon as they're framed. This is one Wednesday Wish that's already come true!

No comments

Post a Comment

© So Obsessed With • Theme by Maira G.