SLIDER

Resolution Fail.

Remember that time I resolved to read what I already had? When I said that I didn't need anymore books - at least not until I finished some in my growing "to read" pile? Well, it's only one month into 2012, and I've already failed. Make that MAJORLY failed. Now, I did have my birthday on February 1 so that's a little bit to blame. But let's just examine how far I fell...


Because I could: The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes, The Bungalow by Sarah Jio and The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons


Because Barnes & Noble had a sale: Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman, Left Neglected by Lisa Genova and Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls


Because a different Barnes & Noble had a sale: The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli and A Matter of Style by Paola Saltari


Because my husband knows I like books for my birthday: The Making of a Story by Alice LaPlante, Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman, Grammar Girl's Quick & Dirty Tips for Better Writing by Mignon Fogarty, Tashchen's Paris by Angela Taschen, Dressed: A Century of Hollywood Costume Design by Deborah Nadoolman Landis and Taschen's London by Angela Taschen


Because my bestie knows Kindle books are the best birthday gift: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and Divergent by Veronica Roth


Because my brother and sister-in-law know an Amazon gift card is a birthday win: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, Everneath by Brodi Ashton, Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor and The Pledge by Kimberly Derting


Because my Grammy loves birthday books, too: Edith Head: The Fifty-Year Career of Hollywood's Greatest Costume Designer by Jay Jorgensen and Chanel and Her World by Edmonde Charles-Roux


Because my aunt asked me for books she could get me for my birthday: The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar, Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear and Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

So, have you kept your resolutions this year? Or have you already crashed and burned like me? I'm not sorry that I didn't stick to my book buying ban. And most of these were bought for me, which doesn't really count... right?

No comments

Post a Comment

© So Obsessed With • Theme by Maira G.