Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly featured hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/Top Ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers. I'm so obsessed with lists!
Top Ten Favorite Covers of Books I've Read
New Looks for Old Books
1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Penguin Threads Edition) - I cannot even tell you how much I love this cover in real. It looks like it's embroidered and is amazingly detailed. Do a Google image search to see for yourself!
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (White's Fine Edition) - While this cover may not look like much here, there's just something I love about it. It looks so lovely in person and on a bookshelf. Just trust me! And it's like fabric/clothbound which is obviously amazing.
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Penguin Deluxe Edition) - I have almost all of the Ruben Toledo illustrated Penguin Deluxe Edition classics, but I think this is one is my favorite. It has such an eerie feeling. Plus, I love that it looks classic but also has a modern feel to it.
4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (Vintage Classics Edition) - This cover hasn't been released yet, but I really love it. Something about all the green just makes me so happy and seems so fitting for this book. I can't wait to have a copy for my shelves!
I've Got the (Silvery) Blues
5. Pivot Point by Kasie West - Okay, this is probably not in my top ten favorite covers if I was going to spend more time thinking about this prompt, but it still came to mind when I was compiling my list. Seeing this cover at my library prompted me to snag this book off the shelves - it had such a neat silver look with just a tiny touch of blue.
6. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I think there are mixed opinions on these covers, but I love them. They are just so eye-catching (pun intended) - I just think they are perfect for the book!
7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (UK Edition) - I don't own a copy with this cover, but I'm going to. I seriously love the shimmery feathers. Tell me you're not intrigued by the story just looking at this cover!
Perfectly Styled (+ Red)
8. There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones - I love their outfits, the rain boots, standing on the edge of the water... I just think it's styled really well, and it definitely made me want to read the back cover. And then I ended up loving the book so that was an added bonus!
9. The Opposite of Love by Julie Buxbaum - I initially picked this book up at Borders because I saw the cover out of the corner of my eye and had to go check it out. I just love the way she's sitting on the steps, and I really like how the title looks.
10. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham - For a book where New York is central to the story, I think this cover is perfect. I also really love the colors - and the pop of red from the heroine riding on her bicycle!